Tuesday, June 3, 2003/lk
The Hood River Downtown Business Association and GorgeArts asks the question, “Is it summer yet?” with the June First Friday Artwalk at downtown area businesses and galleries, Friday from 5-8 p.m.
This month’s event offers a number of visual and audio treats to the general public. Dozens of local artists exhibit their creations at downtown Hood River businesses, while local musicians perform at various locations in the downtown area.
Highlights include Saturday Market on First Friday. Get a sneak peek of the Hood River Saturday Market vendors and musicians on Cascade Street between 2nd and 3rd streets. A smaller version of Saturday Market will be set up to offer you additional evening delight as you stroll the downtown taking in all the sights and sounds of First Friday.
A sample of artists showing this month include: Oregon Glass Guild at Hood River Jewelers, Richard Hallman of Freelance Imaging at Hood River Bagel Co., Andrew Pate at Hood River Wine Bar, Susan Kline at Mt. View Bicycles, Paul Kipper at Van Metre Furniture, Janet Essley at Shred Threads, Elizabeth Anderson at Kerrits and Susan Garrett Crowley at At Home on Oak Street.
Music will be by Charles Crosman and Nora Krevans at the Hood River Wine Bar, Rubber Chicken Lollipop at Big Winds, Mark Womble, Wild River at the Hood River Hotel, Connie Dunnington at At Home on Oak Street and Jamba Marimba on the lawn in front of Mike’s Ice Cream/Windwear.
First Friday will also feature these art, literature and music events:
* The Columbia Art Gallery presents Hail Mid-Columbia Juried Show, with music by Cascade Band Flute Choir, opening reception at 7 p.m.
* Wy’east Middle School student art will be shown at Holstein’s Coffee Company.
* Craig Danner will have a book signing of Himalayan Dhaba at Waucoma Bookstore.
* Dayna Reed of Sign Art Signs will be demonstrating his sign making style at 2nd Wind Sports.
* Sticks and Stones will be having its Grand Opening at 512 Cascade Street with music by All Night Station.
For more information contact: Joanie Thomson, Hood River Downtown Business Association Coordinator, 308-6738. Or email at email@example.com