Tuesday, June 20, 2006/lk
By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
June 3, 2006
Hood River County Drug Court was founded last August to blend substance abuse treatment with judicial oversight.
“The driving principal behind it is recognizing that the root of most criminal activity is drug or alcohol abuse. And one of the best ways to protect the community is to deal with the root of the problem,” said Judge Paul Crowley, who is joined at the decision-making table by law enforcement and social service officials.
See June 7 for further details on Drug Court.
The Trials of Addiction
RaeLynn Ricarte’s series on addicts and their path through Drug Court toward recovery will continue over the next two issues:
June 7 —
* About Drug Court;
* Regression and separation
June 10 —
* The realities of addiction
More like this story
- ‘Real tough love’ Drug Court tries to reach the root of abuse
- On Monday, expert arms citizens for meth battle
- The Trials of Addiction Part 2 Meth addicts take two steps forward and one step back
- The Trials of Addiction Last of 3 Parts Drug Court clients strive to stay the clean course
- The Trials of Addiction