Tuesday, June 20, 2006
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
June 3, 2006
After Friday’s Cooper Spur Circuit Race, the Mount Hood Cycling Classic reached the halfway point in the race’s 300-plus mile journey through the local country.
The three remaining stages are Saturday’s Scenic Gorge Time Trial and the Downtown Hood River Criterium and Sunday’s Three-Summit Road Race. The Downtown Criterium starts at 5 p.m. with the Men-3 division and will climax with the pros at 6:30 p.m. for the women and 7:30 p.m. for the men.
As of press time, results from the first two stages were available. Overall pro leaders after stage two:
Pro Men —
1. Nathan O’Neil, AustralianTime Trials Champion, 3:16:08
2. Ryan Trebon, Corvallis, +:09
3. Andrew Pinfold, Langley, B.C., +:16
Pro Women —
1. Dotsie Bausch, Irvine, 2:02:35
2. Alison Powers, Fraser, Colo., +:07
3. Suz Weldon, Brier, Wash., +:20