Tuesday, June 20, 2006/lk
By ADAM LAPIERRE
News staff writer
June 3, 2006
After Friday’s Cooper Spur Circuit Race, the Mount Hood Cycling Classic reached the halfway point in the race’s 300-plus mile journey through the local country.
The three remaining stages are Saturday’s Scenic Gorge Time Trial and the Downtown Hood River Criterium and Sunday’s Three-Summit Road Race. The Downtown Criterium starts at 5 p.m. with the Men-3 division and will climax with the pros at 6:30 p.m. for the women and 7:30 p.m. for the men.
As of press time, results from the first two stages were available. Overall pro leaders after stage two:
Pro Men —
1. Nathan O’Neil, AustralianTime Trials Champion, 3:16:08
2. Ryan Trebon, Corvallis, +:09
3. Andrew Pinfold, Langley, B.C., +:16
Pro Women —
1. Dotsie Bausch, Irvine, 2:02:35
2. Alison Powers, Fraser, Colo., +:07
3. Suz Weldon, Brier, Wash., +:20