Tuesday, March 15, 2011/lk
The Columbia River Fellowship for Peace is offering scholarships to local high school seniors at Hood River Valley High School and Columbia High School in White Salmon.
The scholarship has been renamed in honor of CRFP youth member, the late Susanna Blake Gabay of Mosier. Susanna was the recipient of the first CRFP Youth Activist Award for her peace and justice actions throughout her young life.
Students must be planning studies in peace and justice. Seniors should contact their counselor for more information.
Applications for Rotary 2011 freshman-year scholarships to any Hood River County senior are now available at the Hood River Valley guidance office, or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Hood River Rotary Club, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 355, Hood River, OR 97031.
Scholarships are also available to former Hood River County School graduates who are presently in their college sophomore year of study. Applications may be requested from the above address.
Completed applications are due back to Rotary no later than March 30.
Questions can be directed to Doug Campbell, Rotary's scholarship chair, at 509-493-2725 or email@example.com.
Two major scholarships are available through the Hood River County Education Foundation for students currently attending college.
Applications may be sent to Hood River County Education Foundation, 1009 Eugene St., Hood River, OR 97031.
Applicant must be a resident of Hood River County to be eligible for either scholarship.
Horace and Ruth Daum Memorial Scholarship, due by April 1:
• Open to sophomores, juniors or seniors (any student who has completed freshman year)
• Student must be majoring in either the sciences, music or nursing
• Submit transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable)
• Submit biography, including financial need
• Submit three letters of recommendation from people in your field of study
Jesse Elder Memorial Scholarship, due by July 1:
• Open to any student who has completed freshman year
Any major may apply
• Must have attained a 3.4 minimum GPA the last two years of high school and freshman year of college
• Submit transcripts from high school and college classes completed (unofficial copies are acceptable)
• Submit bio and future goals
• Submit three letters of recommendation