Thursday, November 17, 2011
Via Mt. Hood Meadows:
Mt. Hood Meadows plans to open for the 2011-12 season this Saturday with limited operations. Currently, two lifts – Buttercup and Easy Rider – are scheduled from 9 AM – 4 PM, but more lifts may be added as additional snow is forecast Thursday into Friday. The resort will announce scheduled lift operations and lift ticket pricing for Saturday by Friday afternoon. Scheduled operations will be announced and updated on theresort web site SkiHood.com.
Meadows has a current snow depth of 19" - more higher up on the mountain. Early season conditions exist, with good to thin coverage on the groomed runs, with exposed grass, rocks – skiers and snowboarders should be aware of unmarked obstacles. Resort officials caution that Saturday’s opening is dependent on receiving more snow. The forecast is calling for a foot or more by Saturday, which will affect both conditions and the scheduled lift operations.
With enough snow the resort could open high speed quads,including Mt. Hood Express, Shooting Star Express and the new Stadium Express Saturday or Sunday.
More like this story
- Meadows opens this weekend
- Ski News: Kids Nordic clinic Dec. 20 at Teacup Sno Park; Mt. Hood Meadows opens for the season; Falling trees close Shooting Star Express lift
- Shred time: Sunny spring conditions hail start of season at Mt. Hood Meadows
- A double-edged flake Snow pads slopes, plagues roads
- Meadows back on track with night skiing