Saturday, October 12, 2013
“Wild,” a new movie staring Reese Witherspoon, should be ready to film scenes in Cascade Locks in early November.
An October time frame was reported earlier in the News.
According to social media reports, the movie crew is busy filming in Eastern Oregon and will be in Ashland on Oct. 22.
“Wild” is based on the book by Cheryl Strayed, who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail. Strayed is traveling with the film crew helping with the production, and Witherspoon is playing the lead role.
Scenes in Cascade Locks will feature the East Wind Drive In restaurant.
Fox Searchlight Pictures says the movie “powerfully captures the terrors and pleasures of one young woman forging ahead against all odds on a journey that maddens, strengthens, and ultimately heals her.”
More like this story
- Hollywood in Cascade Locks: Filming for ‘Wild’ starts in October
- Mt. Hood NF recognized for ‘Wild’ film
- Jean Pearson keeps traffic moving at Bridge of the Gods
- Tourism summit: Travel Oregon hosts first-of-its-kind vision session in Hood River
- Yesteryears: Proposal to replace May Street goes to vote in 1955