Saturday, September 7, 2013/lk
Collette Zack had two goals and Jade Schumacher and Mona Diaz had one apiece Tuesday evening in the Hood River Valley High School varsity girls soccer team’s season-opener at Rex Putnam. The 4-0 win came after a tight first half that ended with the Eagles up 1-0 off Shumacher’s goal.
With assistance, Zack broke the game open for the Eagles with a goal less than a minute into the second half and another at the 60-minute mark assisted by Korey Cimock. Freshman Mona Diaz made it 4-0 with a goal off an assist by freshman Cielo Rivera.
The team was led defensively by Sophie Grace and Jenissa Ramierez and at the midfield by Hannah Bergeman and Lily Zega. Vanessa Silva and Sophia Marble combined for the shutout in goal.
The girls travel to Sandy Sept. 10, followed by home games Sept. 12 and 17, both 4:30 p.m. at Westside Elementary School.
More like this story
- Hood River Valley girls soccer gets first win
- HRV girls: Four-time conference champs want fifth title and deeper run into state tournament
- Building momentum: HRV boys soccer remains undefeated, girls pick up 5-0 win
- Rex Putnam proves tough opponent in season opener
- Eagle girls soccer get fourth straight shutout