Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Six new volunteers with Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest began the 2016-2017 session this summer, living in Odell and working at various agencies in Hood River. From left to right are Megan Byrne, Mid Valley Elementary, Katherine Short, Providence Volunteers in Action, Sara Tiscareño-Kennedy, OSU Extension Service, Alyssa Melendez, Gorge Grown, Celia Hensey, Columbia Gorge Ecology Institute, and Emily Padilla, St. Francis House. The women will continue their work through July 2017.
More like this story
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Six Jesuit volunteers work in a year of service
- Columbia Gorge Gleaning Project combats hunger
- Jesuit volunteers live simply, help the community
- Service and Spirit: A community of inspired young adults arrives in Hood River