Construction of a new building for Safeway Stores on property owned by the company at Second and Cascade streets is expected in the very near future.
Katherine Ann Pritchett and Christopher Russell Haskins, both Hood River natives, have announced their engagement.
Cherry harvest has been exhausting with an “off again, on again” schedule that exasperates workers, farmers and packing houses with its unpredictability.
The community is invited to a meeting on Thursday, July 20 to discuss the well-loved, aging Children’s Park at 6 p.m. at the Hood River Fire Hall.
Aboard catamaran, bikes and ATVs on remote Caribbean islands
My teeth chattered. In my tiny backpack, there were no socks or long pants.
The Comfort Quilt Project is now underway by the Spiritual Care Department at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
Central Gorge Master Gardeners hosted two tour busses July 12 at OSU Extension.
2017 GorgeGrass July 27-30; more
Morgan has been selected by volunteers as Adopt A Dog’s adoptable pet of the week. He’s about 1-2 years old, a 52 pound Am Staff, and he is one sweet, charming, and lovable pup — you just wanna cuddle with this boy.
The second summer presentation at the Moody/Rorick House, located at 300 W. 13th St., The Dalles, will be “The Omeg Century Farm: Homesteaded in 1905,” on Saturday, July 22 beginning at 11 a.m. Mel Omeg will present.
The Celilo Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) are seeking new members interested in learning more about the national club.
Columbia Gorge Press announces the publication of Peter Marbach’s 2018 Columbia Gorge calendar.
Reduced-cost ride bracelets available now
The 2017 Hood River County Fair takes place Wednesday through Saturday, July 26-29, at the Hood River County Fairgrounds, 3020 Wy’east Road, south of Hood River near the community of Odell. Gates open at 9 a.m. each day; additional attractions begin at noon, and carnival rides begin at 1 p.m.
Portland Piano International presents a free performance by Rising Star pianist Elisabeth Tsai at 2 p.m. on July 16 at Riverside Community Church, 317 State St, Hood River.
St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 1501 Belmont, will hold a Gran Kermes (carnival) on the church grounds Sunday, July 23 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar