The annual Turkey Trot 12K, 5K and 3K run/walk takes place this Thursday, Nov. 23 — Thanksgiving Day — beginning at the Mark Hatfield West Visitor Center in Hood River. Registration is from 8:30-9:50 a.m., with a free kids fun run starting things off at 9:50 a.m. The race will begin at 10 a.m.
Hood River will shortly have its own aviation school, in charge of and run by a Hood River aviator.
Latino Experience in Hood River County
Latina Lisa Muñoz spoke Nov. 8 at Hood River forum from the perspective of a native Hood Riverite who grew up doing orchard work, went on to gain two degrees in college, and returned to her community to do oral history work at The History Museum of Hood River County.
A new exhibit at the History Museum of Hood River County highlights both the traditional and the modern in the Latino experience.
The Remains wall mural, on Third Street/Industrial Way/Columbia Avenue, is finished.
Handsome Hank has been selected by volunteers as Adopt a Dog’s adoptable pet of the week.
Many people are asking what happened to the summer edition of The Gorge Literary Journal, originally scheduled for publication in August. Editors John Metta and Julie Hatfield were forced to postpone the last edition because of funding difficulties.
‘Work, witness and hope in the Holy Land’
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries (GEM) invites community members to an event featuring Mira Rizeq, General Secretary (CEO) of the YWCA of Palestine, on Nov. 29 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Underwood Jazz Dec. 1; Early Winter Shindig Dec. 2; more
A jagged line of fire cuts through the forested hill above Bridge of the Gods in a photo by Jurgen Hess. Gorge Photography Club will give a presentation on Eagle Creek fire photography, featuring Hess’ work, on Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. in the Hood River Library, 502 E. State St. Hess will give his impressions of the fire as a photographer and wildlife storyteller.
From opportunities to exercise to arts and crafts, here are community events to enjoy during the Thanksgiving holiday week:
Local kids cook up ideas for Thanksgiving
How do you catch a turkey?
The Hood River Cultural Trust has announced its annual grant cycle. To apply for a grant, view the grant guidelines and download an application at www.hoodriverculturaltrust.org.
Each year the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel and Spa grounds become an oasis of white lights during the holiday season.
High school sweethearts Betty and Kenny Short were married Nov. 28, 1952, in Pasadena, Calif. This year, they celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary on Nov. 28, 2017.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
- Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
- Starting a Curtis Jenny at WAAAM Fly In
- Hood River Library Unity Picnic
- Feed the Dogg at Chavez Family benefit concert
- Farmworker Celebration
- Planet Fly at Pfriem
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART