Youth star in ‘Superhero-Sized’ Lions musical opening April 21
It’s the year of the Superhero show, starting with the Mid-Columbia Lions Follies. The 2017 show will be “Kid Awesome and the Disco Girls.” It is an original script with story by Terri Tyler and Bev Bridgewater, written by Tyler.
Students at Parkdale Elementary took advantage of the snowpack around campus to do a little cross country skiing Feb. 28 and March 1.
The Minoru Yasui Legacy Stone might be in place downtown in time for the March 28 statewide Minoru Yasui Day.
Celebrating 70 state-level Scholastic Art awards
Hood River Valley High School is celebrating 70 state-level Scholastic Art awards this year, but that’s not the only good news coming out of the art department.
CGOA’s Jazz Collective April 7, Garoutte, Mayer play, more
Through a partnership for literacy and social justice in the region, The Dalles will be hosting its American Indian Cultural Festival in April.
Kat Blackmar, left, and Barb Berry, right, prepare their calendar poses in the comedy ‘Calendar Girls’ continuing its run at Wy'east Middle School Performing Arts Center in Odell. Also shown, from left, are Kathleen Morrow, Blaire Carroll, Kathy Williams, and Maren Euwer.
Waucoma Bookstore and Columbia Center for the Arts are hosting author Jeff Alworth for a book and beer discussion on Thursday, March 23.
Yesteryears: Odell’s ‘long-looked-for and much wished-for waterworks system’ under construction in 1927
Odell’s long-looked-for and much wished-for waterworks system is at last under actual construction. Last week a crew of workmen dug the trench for the main pipe line from the well-known Davis spring through a bit of woodland and over a field to the road near the telephone office and high school.
Community gathered Saturday, March 18 for the kickoff celebration of Hood River County Reads.
The basement of the Rockford Grange was packed Saturday, March 18 as community members came together to learn how to save seeds and go through the grange’s extensive seed collection.
Writes Tracie Hornung: “Columbia Gorge Cat Rescue offers sincere thanks to Dr. Katy Holmes and the team at All Animal Care Clinic, Marchesi Vineyards and all who participated in (the March 11) successful fundraising event that raised money for our organization, as well as Dogs in Brazil.
The Youth of Heart of Hospice (YoHOHs) plan and prepare special gifts and cards for hospice patients. Heart of Hospice staff are then given the opportunity to deliver the cards and gifts.
Luke MacMillan will perform excerpts from Paul Salerni’s song cycle “Bad Pets” in the upcoming First Songs concert series in Boston, New York City, and in Bard College’s Fischer Performing Arts Center.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar
- Groove project at Columbia Center for the Arts