Storyteller and poet Trevino L. Brings Plenty speaks Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. in the next event in the year-long poTENtial series at Columbia Center for the Arts.
On Saturday, Oct. 7 the HRVHS Speech and Debate Team hosted an invitational novice competition.
Photos from HRVHS' air guitar Oct. 12
The Mosier Senior Center is planning its annual Harvest Fair on Saturday, Oct. 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the center, located on Second Street in Mosier.
Bob Yoesle from Friends of the Goldendale Observatory will present a solar viewing free to the public on Saturday, Oct. 14 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, weather and clouds permitting, outside the museum.
Klindt’s Booksellers and Stationers hosts the Northwest Author Festival on Saturday, Oct. 21 from 2-5 p.m. at the store. This annual celebration features authors who live and write here in the Pacific Northwest.
A survey is being made by the local chamber of commerce of the number of chickens in Hood River County.
Harmony of the Gorge (women’s chorus) and the new Wind Masters (men’s chorus) are hosting their first joint shows on Oct. 21 — a 2 p.m. matinee and a 7 p.m. evening show — at Shepherd of the Valley Church (Horizon Christian School), 1631 Eighth St., Hood River.
The second annual Masquerade Ball, the kickoff for the Columbia Gorge United Way fall campaign, meant serious fun Sept. 30 at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn.
On the evening of Oct.12 the sixth annual Paws for a Cause Silent Auction and Social Event will be held by Hood River Adopt A Dog.
Jazz, Funkship show Oct. 15; Crow & Canyon at Ruins; more
Hood River Valley Adult Center hosts a staged reading of the play “Old Unfaithful” on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The White Salmon Valley K-8 PTO presents their annual Monster Mash fundraiser event on Saturday, Oct. 28 from 5-7:30 p.m. at Henkle Middle School, White Salmon.
Waucoma Bookstore and Crush Cider Café are hosting “Tasting Cider” author Erin James for a book talk and cider tasting on Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Crush Cider Café, 1020 Wasco St. James is the editor-in-chief of CiderCraft magazine and will be discussing her new book, subtitled “The CiderCraft Guide to the Distinctive Flavors of North American Hard Cider.”
Animal blessing at Riverside Sunday; Payroll, tax seminar for clergy at HR Nazarene
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Starting a Curtis Jenny at WAAAM Fly In
- Hood River Library Unity Picnic
- Feed the Dogg at Chavez Family benefit concert
- Farmworker Celebration
- Planet Fly at Pfriem
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove