The History Museum of Hood River County hosts its Holiday Open House on Saturday, Dec. 16 from noon to 4 p.m.
“Loving Vincent” is the world’s first fully oil painted feature film, and it will show at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 20 at the Columbia Center for the Arts. The unique movie brings the paintings of Vincent van Gogh to life to tell his story.
Updated for Dec. 16 edition
Entertainment Update for Dec. 16
Wells Fargo bank branches throughout Oregon and S.W. Washington are helping out those in need by collecting donations of food and toys this month.
Two Spirit at The Pines; Kerry and Chic at the Buffalo; more
In nearly every world tradition and faith, singing and music play an important role. Music in the sacred tradition can be intimate and reflective, celebratory and exuberant, mysterious, and even challenging. Its role is to communicate something timeless.
Though it’s only early December, I’ve already received two extraordinarily special gifts. The first gift arrived in the fall, when Jack O’ Lanterns still decorated the front steps. It didn’t come in a box, or wrapped in holiday paper. It arrived in a humble canning jar, its contents as precious to me as the gold, frankincense and myrrh delivered by the three kings to Bethlehem so many years ago. The gift? A jar of strawberry jam, canned with love last spring, when its maker had just learned he had only months to live.
Groundwork has already begun in Odell on the new distribution center for the Hood River Post Office.
Dec. 14 — Tree of Remembrance Memorial, 5:30 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center, Hood River. Decorate an ornament in memory of a loved one; live music. Can be placed on Tree of Remembrance and taken home later, or taken home that night.
The 18th annual Christmas Concert for The Gorge Winds Concert Band has been set for 3 p.m. on Sunday at Calvary Baptist Church.
It all started when we picked up Hood River folks from Aomori-Shin Station.
Gary Templin, right, Gorge Chapter Ducks Unlimited chair, and Rich Thurman, Oregon District chair, accept their award.
Columbia Gorge Climate Action Network and partners will celebrate the holiday season with a kid-friendly potluck supper and program on Wednesday, Dec. 20 at Springhouse Cellar.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
- Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
- Starting a Curtis Jenny at WAAAM Fly In
- Hood River Library Unity Picnic
- Feed the Dogg at Chavez Family benefit concert
- Farmworker Celebration
- Planet Fly at Pfriem
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART