Vintage bridal gowns are now on display at the History Museum of Hood River County, in a exhibition titled “Bridal Gowns of the Past.”
News editor Kirby Neumann-Rea recalls his response to a street race proposition and tackles curb issues.
Revisions to the Art of Community walking tour (aka Big Art) gallery, now in its third-year, are complete.
The High Prairie Firehouse Sale happens June 23-25 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday at the High Prairie Community Center at 701 Struck Road, about seven miles up Centerville Highway from Lyle, Wash.
June has been jumping, packed with year-end school activities, community projects and preparation for the upcoming harvest.
‘Jazz Adventures’ at Stave & Stone, more
A Tribute to Patsy Cline & Loretta Lynn
Two of the Northwest’s most renowned female singers, Mary Cameron and Julie Amici, will join forces to perform a musical tribute to the great country artists Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline.
July 4 coordinator Tom Yates writes, “With July 4th event posters printed by the Hood River Chamber of Commerce, I had a pleasant time lately walking the business areas of our county, handing out the posters. I talked to a whole lot of nice people!"
Back before I drank beer, LONG before (and I only took it up at age 24) I remember a Seattle Times report that the famed Ivar’s Acre of Clams restaurant got in trouble for putting lesser beer into Heidelberg empties and selling it to go with the bivalves.
Thermometers here recorded the hottest day so far this year on Monday before thunder clouds moved in to cool off the area during the evening.
Ruby Patterson and Mason Leavitt of HRVHS Speech and Debate write:
National Theatre Live is the National Theatre’s groundbreaking project to broadcast world-class theater to venues around the world. Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River recently obtained the rights to bring this theatrical experience to the communities of the Gorge.
King Arthur and faithful Knights Bedevere, Lancelot and Dennis pursue the Holy Grail nightly for a couple of weeks in Bingen, parrying hilariously with the French Taunters, the irrepressible (and limbless) Black Knight, Tim the Enchanter, and others along the road to Cametlo. Er, Calmeto — Camelot, that is.
The Gorge Kids Triathlon returns to Waterfront Park in Hood River on Sept. 17. Kids can run or swim across the swim beach, then choose from various length bike and run courses. Proceeds promote health and fitness programs in the Hood River County schools.
The 2017 Cascade Locks Business Showcase will be on June 22 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Cascade Locks Marine Park Pavilion.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar