Odell Union High School will begin its first full year in the new high school building Aug. 27.
2017 fair results, open class
Textiles and more
Pebbles and BamBam have been selected by volunteers as Adopt A Dog’s adoptable pets of the week. These two are a bonded pair, 10 and 11 years old — and if one playful pup is great, TWO playful pups are awesome!
Hood River Middle School will be a “smart building with an old look,” said the man overseeing the transformation of one of the county’s most iconic structures.
Open Mic at Community Music, Maryhill Music on the Terrace, more
The Gorge is getting ready for an arts-fusion event to celebrate America’s resilience and “our sacred right to have fun,” on Sunday Aug. 13 with a program billed as “America the Beautiful — the Remix,” a music-poetry-dance extravaganza based on the theme of making America fun and beautiful again.
Quiet and active pursuits filled the 90-degree night on Friday, Aug. 4.
Next workshop Aug. 26
On July 29, the Heart of Hospice Foundation sponsored their first Community Grief and Loss Workshop using SoulCollage. Clyde Sanda was the facilitator and Karen Lee assisted.
Hood River County Fair results
Director, actor, producer, and playwright Sullivan Mackintosh has received the 2017 CCA Judie Hanel Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Theater Arts.
‘Jungle Book’ in the park Saturday; Matt Jaffe plays Mosier Co.; more
Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association (CGOA) will hold additions for the role of Child in Samuel Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot” on Aug. 13 and Aug. 15 at 6 p.m. downstairs at the Hood River Library.
Local author Connie Nice will celebrate the release of “Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Really Did That?” at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 13 at Husum Riverside Bed & Breakfast, 866 WA-141, White Salmon.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Planet Fly at Pfriem
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"