Gorge Community Music launches its 2017 concert series by welcoming classical guitarist Carlton Oakes on the upstairs stage Friday, March 24 at 7 p.m., for an evening of enchantment.
Kathy Williams, left, and Maren Euwer are among the performers in the comedy opening March 17 at 7:30 p.m. at the Wy'east Middle School Performing Arts Center in Odell.
This year’s annual book sale, hosted by the Friends of the White Salmon Valley Community Library, will be Friday, March 17 through Sunday, March 19.
“Minoru Yasui and Social Justice” shows at The History Museum of Hood River County through April 3. The museum, on Marina Drive next to the Hood River Marina, is open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Admission is $5 for adults.
Sex may sell, but love redeems.
Hood River Rotary Club is 10 years old this week, and has won a record as one of the liveliest clubs in the nation.
Oh my! I can see the ground again. And while I was anxiously awaiting a lush green carpet of grass to appear once the snow finally retreated, the reality was decidedly more disgusting.
For the second year in a row, Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation District, in cooperation with Columbia Gorge Masters Swim Team, will offer five free swim lessons during the month of April to any interested adult 18 years of age and older.
Saturday day hikes, a program of Hood River Community Education, starts up again April 1.
The granddaddy of U.S. cross-country bike routes is the Trans America Bike Trail at 4,234 miles and over 211,000 vertical feet of climbing from Astoria, Ore., to Yorktown, Va., as endpoints
Local restaurant goodies, beer, cider and wine, and tunes from Matt Mesa, Mark Reynolds and Jim Drake created the party atmosphere for a successful $31,000 fundraiser for the Hood River Library on Saturday.
“She Kills Monsters” is in its closing weekend, with shows at 7 p.m. March 17-18 in the Hood River Valley High School Bowe Theater.
Lunafest, the fundraising film festival dedicated to promoting awareness about women's issues, highlighting women filmmakers and bringing women together in their communities, will be hosted by Soroptimist International of Hood River at the Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River on March 16 and 17.
Pink Floyd tribute March 25; Tillinghast at White Buffalo; more
Pianist and educator speaks Saturday at Riverside
Music educator Joseph Hoffman, M.M., will present a workshop on “The Hoffman Method” on March 18 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the sanctuary of Riverside Community Church, 317 State St.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar
- Groove project at Columbia Center for the Arts