The four-piece Hood River folk band Hardshell Harmony starts the annual Advent Concert series, free to the public the next three Fridays.
Members of Boy Scout Pack 282 and 392 and Troop 392 helped to honor veterans at the annual Veterans Day ceremony held at Anderson’s Tribute Center on Friday, Nov. 11.
Ever heard “The 12 Days of Christmas”?
Waucoma Bookstore and AniChe Cellars are hosting Hood River author Tim Schell for a book talk on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m. at AniChe Cellars Tasting Room in Hood River, 301 Oak St. Schell will be discussing his new book, “Road to the Sea.”
Holiday service schedules, more
WELL SAID: “Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.” — J. Robert Moskin
United Way benefit Dec. 4 with Aaron Meyer; Holiday Open House at Discovery Center Dec. 3; Author Santella at Double Mountain discusses beer book
Artist and teacher Laurel Marie Hagner of Glassometry Studios in Odell hosts a weekend Solstice retreat Dec. 17-19. To learn more about Hagner, her artwork or this retreat, visit www.glassometry.com, email laurel @glassometry.com or call 541-354-3015. Registration price includes all activities, art supplies and snacks on Saturday.
Opens Nov. 25; artists’ reception will be Dec. 2
Arts, crafts, toys, wearables, and more will be on display and available for purchase at the Columbia Center for the Arts’ Holiday Show and Sale, Nov. 25 to Dec. 24. Local artists have pulled out all the stops to create beautiful handcrafted items.
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association invites audiences to start the holiday season with some Celtic-inspired music and readings as Voci, Stages, and special guests Barley Draught present “A Celtic Christmas,” Dec. 2 at 7 p.m., and Dec. 4 at 2 p.m.
The Rockford Grange is offering a new walking club on Sundays.
As the holiday season draws near, The History Museum of Hood River County is getting ready for end-of-year gifts from donors who wish to take advantage of any tax benefits that their giving to charitable non-profit organizations can provide.
John Bunzow at The Pines, Red and Ruby play Dec. 3, more
Wednesday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m. — Winter Solstice Party
Turkey Trot Nov. 24, more
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar
- Groove project at Columbia Center for the Arts