On May 27, Delta Kappa ESA installed Debbie Sanguras as the new president for 2017-2018 during a luncheon held at the Columbia Gorge Hotel.
The next Gorge Owned Green Drinks happens June 13 from 5:30-7 p.m. at Big Winds in Hood River.
They dedicated a brand-new building at the Hood River County Fairgrounds last Saturday, and the focus was on volunteers when Fair Manager Doris Jensen gave credits to highlight the program.
In cooperation and partnership with the Hood River Crag Rats Mountain Rescue Organization, the Hood River Ranger District will once again host free interpretive tours of historic Cloud Cap Inn.
“Talk About Dying,” a program developed by Oregon Humanities, comes to the Hood River Valley Adult Center on June 19. Lunch will be served at noon, with the conversation beginning at 1 p.m.
Members of Riverside Community Church, United Church of Christ (UCC), have voted to become an “Immigrant Welcoming Congregation.”
The public is invited to the first of three summer programs hosted by the Wasco County Historical Society on Saturday, June 17 at 1 p.m. at the Moody/Rorick House, 300 W. 13th St., The Dalles. Local historian Karl Vercouteren will present “Vogt Opera House: The Sequel.”
The Mount Adams Country Bike Tour will give scenic tours in the Trout Lake area on June 24.
Limping among January snowdrifts, a sweet Schnauzer-mix was found wandering near Cascade Locks. Rescued by a Hood River County sheriff’s deputy, “Phoebe” began her journey as another Hood River Adopt A Dog (HRAAD) success story
Every now and then an email comes along that is so detailed and nicely written that it would seem a shame to try and re-write into a story, and well known guitarist Ben Bonham has done just that. I’d
Hood River Valley High School English teacher and volleyball coach Scott Walker recently added another label to his name: Published author.
“Part magic, part circus,” as teacher and emcee Nan Noteboom called it, Mr. HRV 2017 is in the books.
Tilly Jam Boys at White Buffalo, more
David and Irene Benton celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary June 8. They were married in El Cajon, Calif., on June 8, 1957.
Memorial Day marked the start of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area’s peak visitor season, but outdoor enthusiasts who plan ahead can experience the Gorge safely and sustainably.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar