Biff Loman (David Dye, right) makes a crushing discovery in “Death of a Salesman,” encountering his father, Willy (Tom Burns) and The Woman (Brenda Hering).
Party like it’s 1564 at the Hood River County Library’s fourth annual Shakespeare Week. This celebration was created to give kids and their families fun, exciting experiences with the world’s most famous playwright.
Jess Clemons at White Buffalo; HR String Quartet at AniChe; more
YOUNGSTERS, AND OLDER HELPERS, fill the main lawn and parking lot at Jackson Park for the community egg hunt and Children’ Safety Fair, both held under prime sunny skies.
Linda Forsberg spotted a train carrying an estimated 30 windmill “arms,” each in a separate, successive flatbed car, heading east through the Gorge Thursday morning on the Washington side.
Silent auction helps Rotary scholarship
Local photographer Peter Marbach will hold a one day only fine art studio close out sale on Saturday, April 22 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3121 Eliot Drive in Hood River.
WELL SAID: “I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there.” — Herb Caen
Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, has expanded to Earth Week this year. Four separate events at different locations will take place on Earth Day to provide Gorge residents with opportunities to get involved. Then, for the next seven days, one event will take place per day, culminating in the People’s Climate and Justice March on Saturday, April 29 in Hood River.
Browse our 2017 Panorama Special Sections
For protection of the big dam and pipe line of the Northwestern Electric power plant at Husum, the company is installing a two million candle power search light on a point of land between the power plant and the dam.
Waucoma Bookstore and Double Mountain Brewery host Hood River author Amy Shively Hawk for a book talk on Tuesday, April 18 at 6 p.m. Shively Hawk will be discussing her new book, “Six Years in the Hanoi Hilton.” The book is the story of her father, Captain James Shively, a Vietnam POW who survived six years in captivity. This event is free and open to the public.
Hood River artist’s Nancy Houfek Brown works are on display at two locations in Hood River this month, and ongoing at Portland International Airport.
May Street Elementary School will hold its annual Teddy Webber Scholarship Dinner and Student Art Auction on Thursday, April 13.
When we test school kids to ascertain their competence with the English language, the section concerning analogies always proves to be one of the most difficult for our students.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar
- Groove project at Columbia Center for the Arts