Columbia Art Center presents its August “Scenes: Photography of the Gorge” gallery exhibition which highlights photography of the Columbia River Gorge through the eyes of photographers from throughout the Pacific Northwest.
The Homemakers Vacation Camp, planned for Green Point, has been transferred to Lost Lake, as the new camp may not be ready, according to County Agent A.L. Marble, who stated that District Ranger S.C.
Pick of the Week: Hood River premiere of King of Roads: Story of the Historic Columbia River Highway
The Hood River premier of the documentary by Laughing Deva Productions, “King of Roads,” will be showing at the Columbia Center for the Arts, 215 Cascade Ave., on Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 7 p.m. The show is a benefit for the History Museum of Hood River County. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for students and children under 12. Tickets are available at the door or in advance by calling 541-387-8877.
Nikki has been selected by volunteers as Adopt A Dog’s adoptable pet of the week.
Plays for Non-Profits performed on the lawn
William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” opens Aug. 3, in dinner theater, on the lawn at Stonehedge Gardens.
Hundreds are expected at a once-in-a-lifetime event, when a world-famous religious statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be on display at St. Peter Catholic Church in The Dalles Aug. 3-4 as part of a national tour of peace.
The Van Rontens play Aug. 18; Sucker Punch at Zim’s Aug. 5; more
The local Society of Creative Anachronism group will host a middle ages event Aug. 5 at Cascade Locks Marine Park.
The Porch for July 29.
The Wy’east High School Class of 1967 will hold its 50th year reunion Friday and Saturday, Aug. 18-19.
The Hood River Library has a variety of free activities planned in August, most beginning at 5:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted).
On Wednesday, Aug. 2 beginning at 6:15 p.m., the first Radio-controlled Car Club meeting will begin at Hood River Hobbies, 110 Fourth St., downtown Hood River.
Covenant Hood River Church offers classes
River of Life Assembly will hold “Galactic Starveyors” Vacation Bible School July 31-Aug. 4 from 9 a.m. to noon. Free; open to kids going into kindergarten to sixth grade. Enjoy music, games, prizes, snacks and God’s story. When registering, please note any special needs. Register online at rolahr.org/vbs.
Confused lovers Hermia (Ashly Will) and Lysander (William Thayer-Daugherty) ponder their future in an early scene of William Shakespeare’s comical gem “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” opening Aug. 3.
Plenty is happening at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell as the 2017 County Fair concludes on Saturday.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Planet Fly at Pfriem
- Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"