Hood River Middle School sixth graders Allie Doss and Thea Brevard made “comfort kits” for warming shelter and other community members as part of the “Make a Difference” class offered at the school.
“Kid Awesome and the Disco Girls” is this year’s Mid-Columbia Lions Follies production, now playing in the Hood River Middle School auditorium — recently outfitted with hearing loop technology that turns hearing aids into wireless speakers.
The Hood River Library will host a screening and discussion of “Gaining Ground” on April 27 at 7 p.m.
A new booklet, entitled “The Lure of Hood River Valley,” is now ready for distribution. The compilation of this booklet, which differs from any hitherto produced, was the work of C.N. Ravlin, chairman of the Publicity Committee of the Chamber.
‘Shakespearean Insults’ for teens; ‘Madame Butterfly’ screened April 30; more
Plays for Non Profits announces auditions for an August 2017 production of Shakespeare's “A Midsummer Night's Dream.”
Gorge Owned (GO!) has issued a request for proposals for the 2017-18 Sense of Place Lecture Series.
Kerry Williams, Steve Alford and Matt Mesa perform the first set of music at Saturday’s Hard Pressed Cider Fest in Odell
April 28 ‘Dia de los Niños’ in Odell
Three winning posters were chosen for this year’s Hood River County Reads poster contest, created by students in art teacher Amirra Malak’s classes. Liam Longland won first place, Alivea Harsanyi second, and Gabby Shepard third.
The White Salmon Valley K-8 Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) will hold its 25th Annual Silent Auction on Friday, April 28 from 5-7:30 p.m. at Whitson Elementary School in White Salmon.
For the third year, Raices Cooperative Farm, an economic development program of The Next Door, will hold their organic plant start sale the Saturday before Mothers' Day, May 13, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in The Next Door parking lot, 965 Tucker Road, Hood River.
Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
Peter Marbach opens his studio for a one-day close-out sale April 22 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Event comes to Mid Valley Elementary School gym, open to ages 0-18
The Hood River County Library will be celebrating Día de los Niños on April 28 from 6-8 p.m. at Mid Valley Elementary School, in the gym.
Student STEM Tour brought about 100 high school age students from around the Gorge to Insitu’s Eagle Point Production facility in Bingen.
- Dar Williams is concerned with bees, sings about myth and power and likes towns with ‘positive proximity’
- Expect familiar and new songs from Quarterflash
- Sounds of Summer series kicks off with the Pat Travers Band July 21
- Lavender Daze features new music from MMB
- All she wants to do is dance
- 'Here' is there and everywhere
- These guys will probably grow on you
- Quiet on the set: An interview with Aaron Keim
- Lost radios and happy memories
- Welcome to our new site!
- Parkdale third graders sing "12 Disaster Days of Christmas"
- Sixth annual Tongue Twister Tournament for Hood River County SMART
- A live hive
- Smudgepot slips into a groove
- "Read and Grow"
- HRVHS homecoming festivities 2014
- Green Neck Daredevils
- Ten Thirty performs "Rocking Chair"
- HRV homecoming -- Staff Air Guitar
- Groove project at Columbia Center for the Arts